Metaphysics Course

This blog has essays from the Metaphysics Courses offered through the Universal Life Church. We have a variety of courses that are available in the area of metaphysics.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Metaphysical Healing

I was struck by the author's description of her discovery of her spiritual healing capability, as well as her description of the training that traditional African healers undergo. It is evident that spiritual healing is a calling, and that not all who hear the call are successful as healers. Just as the quality and capability of individual physicians varies, so too are the skills and capabilities of individual spiritual healers different.

The other thing that struck me was the difference in education and training. It appears that spiritual healing is a gift, rather than a learned skill, although I am sure that experience can certainly enhance ability. In contrast, traditional or shamanic healers, as well as conventional Western physicians, undergo extensive training.

As a Reiki practitioner, I use a form of energy healing with a spiritual component, starting and ending with prayer. And I know that experience is a great teacher that has sharpened my skills. I am sure this course will be a great help as well. :thumbsup:

No comments: