Metaphysics Course

This blog has essays from the Metaphysics Courses offered through the Universal Life Church. We have a variety of courses that are available in the area of metaphysics.

Friday, November 07, 2008

A Course In Miracles

A Course in Miracles


As I lay in bed this morning, I could hear the rain pouring down the side of the house onto the flower beds. I looked out my window and saw the water pounding hard against the ground. Tropical storm Fay was paying us a visit, here in Alabama. The mighty wind made the rain appear to be dancing in a whirlwind of joyful bliss. This way and that, like a mystical ballet. It was beautiful. It was mesmerizing. I thought to myself, how can I capture this and hold on to it, so I could show it to my grandchildren, my friends, my loved ones. I can't, except in memory. For the rain will dissipate and return from whence it came. The wind will become silent. And the earth will be still once more, as if nothing ever happened. That is what I feel this course is about.


Life is a moment. A moment given to us by Almighty God to experience. God is in us. We are a part of God's very essence. We share in the experience with Him. But life is an illusion, a dream. We are left only with memories.


Some people take these memories and store them up in suitcases or large boxes in their brains and hearts. Unfortunately, they tend to store the bad events with the good. For some, the bags become so large that the person can no longer see past them. They stop living the moment. They disconnect from God.


I see life as "TODAY", right "NOW", this very second. I live, I breathe, I pray, I hunger, I love, all right now. There is a program called, Dr. Who. He is a Time Lord, a time traveler. I consider myself a Life traveler. I am so grateful to God for everything. I am at peace. I am happy. The trick is "NO" baggage. Don't waste time on negativity. Think positive thoughts and keep them in your heart. Surprisingly, these thoughts are quite light. Anything else is left behind.


Know thyself, know thy God, know that what you have now is all that matters. The future will take care of itself. What you do now will reflect on the future, so don't waste the now. Go out in the rain. Get wet. Feel God's blessed, soft, cool water against your skin. Live now, for tomorrow my never come and yesterday, no longer exists. Life, here, is fleeting. No guarantees, except for death. Open your eyes, open your heart, open your soul and receive God's lessons for you. Everyday is a miracle, everything around you is a miracle. YOU are one of God's miracles. A walking, breathing, living miracle. This body is but a vehicle to return our spirit home to God and heaven. The Holy Spirit is the Father of miracles.


What good is a miracle, if you are not open to receive it?


Remember: "There is no time with God: a thousand years, a single day: it is all one" (2 Peter 3:8)


Why waste it.


Thank you for this course. I loved it.


May the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob bless and watch over all of you and the one's you love.


Rev. Nitza L. Melgar


**********************

Ordination with the Free Online Ordination button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: