Metaphysics Course

This blog has essays from the Metaphysics Courses offered through the Universal Life Church. We have a variety of courses that are available in the area of metaphysics.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spirit Quest


Universal Life Church Seminary
Master of Metaphysics
Rev. Justin Oles

It's interesting to see how many of these courses written by completely different people, on completely different topics cover the same basic material. Spirit Quest is another one of those. It covered giving and receiving energy as well as grounding, some main points of several courses. Rev. Long's way of doing things involving "roses" and "golden suns" is very similar to things I've read in other ULC Seminary Courses as well as things I've read in books prior to now and other courses such as the Ar nDraiocht Fein and Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids course work. The "golden sun" part is basically the same throughout every course I have ever taken. The "rose" technique is used throughout although this is the first time I've seen a rose used. I like the symbolism although it's not overly effective to me, probably largely because of the effeminate connotations that go with it. Rev. Long also helps to drive a lot of her points home by using personal examples.

While these examples don't apply to everyone they make it easier to understand and in many cases relate. At times I found myself wandering away from the course because of the repetitiveness of the course and the sometimes silly thoughts it evoked in my mind. I'm a spiritualist but at the same time possess a rational and logical mind that has a hard time going along with things that seem fanciful or silly. Once I pulled myself back on track though I normally found that while her exact technique didn't play well with me I could modify small bits to get the same effect. One that I never got past was the rose. In the case of the destruction rose it was easier for me to just picture whatever it was I wanted to destroy blowing up than bothering to picture putting it in a rose. For the cleaning techniques I found that just visualizing something similar to a cotton swab accomplished the same task as the rose was meant to. All in all this was a good course and like most ULC Seminary courses, I enjoyed it and would recommend it to others.


********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials. Many have been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and can attest to its ongoing growth and change.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar


No comments: