Metaphysics Course

This blog has essays from the Metaphysics Courses offered through the Universal Life Church. We have a variety of courses that are available in the area of metaphysics.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spirit-Quest

Final Exam for Spirit-Quest by Dr.Elizabeth King

Where shall I start? This course has been beyond enjoyable, as well as holding a lot of great information, much of which I have been and will continue to put to use in my life.  I also look forward to using the  tools for aiding those who come to me for assistance either as a Hypnotherapist-counselor, Reiki Practitioner, or Minister.

Some of the discourses that were of the most interest and use to me discussed the use of picture (D. 22), roses, and using them to create a healthier, happier, and more joyful reality for me. The discourses on pain and forgiveness gave me some very important tools that I needed to deal with anger and pain from painful occurrences in my early life, as well as dealing with bleed-over from past lives that I had not yet fully dealt with. The ideas and suggestions, especially concerning holding the anger and the resentment in the liver and the spleen were not only fascinating to learn, but I began tapping those regions, and was amazed at what came out.

I particularly enjoyed the explanations of the souls, and how they behave in everyday life so we can recognize them and more importantly, decide where we are so we can work on growing into maturity. This, of course, along with the discourses on past lives (D.26) gave a lot of good information (Ds, 7 and 14). Most of these things I were already aware of, but the fresh material and ideas helped to open me to deeper understanding, and an ability to not only help myself, (D 22) which is, of course, very important for me as a healer and a minister, but also to help others.

Learning to ask the right questions (D. 24), too, I found invaluable, as I have always had a bad habit of either asking the wrong ones, or not asking enough to get to the root cause of a problem. Kinesiology has always been an important part of my own work with myself and others, as well, and I was interested in the techniques offered in this discourse for getting to the right answers. I’ve used it mostly to locate cellular and past life pain that has no physical basis, such as psychosomatic pain, so this was particularly interesting to me, and one that I shall practice so I can use in my work.

Money has also been a prime issue with me, and I tend to be more like you, Amy, reluctant to spend it because for so much of my life we lived in very real and severe poverty, so when my life dramatically changed in that area upon my marriage 18 years ago, rather than become a spendthrift, I remained the same often denying myself things that we could actually afford. I still find myself going to the store to purchase things for others and putting back everything I put into the basket for myself (don’t really need that attitude) while pushing down the reluctance to spend money even on those for whom I bought, which was not as severe as what I put on myself, but nevertheless there. I read this discourse more than several times, because it has actually caused problems in my marriage my squeezing every coin until the buffalo squeals, as my husband complains and I am working very hard to realize that money is a good thing, and that we do deserve to have it in our lives, and to work towards attracting it into my life.

In other words, this course has been very interesting, and very helpful to me in a multitude of ways. I could go on and on, but the best thing I can say is that I have truly learned from this course, and I would and do most highly recommend it to anyone who wants to gain the many tools offered in the pages of these lessons to help them to grow mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Learning how to heal oneself is the greatest gift we can give to our families, our friends, those who come to us for help in our ministries and classes we teach, as well as to our co-workers in our workplaces.

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: