Metaphysics Course

This blog has essays from the Metaphysics Courses offered through the Universal Life Church. We have a variety of courses that are available in the area of metaphysics.

Monday, April 04, 2011

Spirituality Course

Rev. James Connor

I found these lessons most enlightening especially the Faith and Learning chapters. A number of years ago I met a man named Walter. He was close in age to me but he seemed to have a lot of knowledge about human nature, faith and wisdom.

It was a time in my life when I was questioning my own faith in God so I began to watch this man and how he handled different situations. One day he was ministering to another man who was acting very belligerent, self-centered and just plain obnoxious. After the conversation ended between them, the man who was angry left in a huff. I then walked over to my friend and asked, "How could you let him talk to you like that?" "If it was me I would have hauled off and punched him in the face." My friend, Walter replied saying,"Well he must have convinced himself that he was right and I was wrong".Walter then asked me if I knew that the spirit of God is in all of us and that is what needs to be expressed in our every day living.

He then continued to say, let the Lord find expression through you in love and forgiveness. Otherwise nothing will ever change in this war torn world unless the Lord finds expression through each one of us, through you Jim, through me and everyone else. Then the Lord will not be "missing in action". He will be right here on earth because we make it so by our every day expression of good faith in everything we say and do. When deep down in your heart you want to see peace on earth, then you are not concerned if someone else thinks they have gotten "the best of you". Let the Lord express through you and me, then things will change and we can truly love our neighbor as ourselves.

So to summarize: I did put the Lord in action through me and lo and behold, my expression did change and so did my whole life experience. I stopped judging people and started to handle different situations with love and forgiveness. It wasn't long after that previous episode occurred that the fruits of my labor of controlling myself first, then I could really let God do his work on earth through me. Only when I was ready did I make the decision that now is the time to know the Lord.

Rev. James Connor


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: