Metaphysics Course

This blog has essays from the Metaphysics Courses offered through the Universal Life Church. We have a variety of courses that are available in the area of metaphysics.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spirituality Course


Comments on Lesson 13 – Dr of Spirituality Course

I must admit that I have found this a difficult lesson to consider. As a traditional Christian, I have always regarded death as something we all have to face at the end of our lives but now we discover that death does not exist! I can follow the theoretical reasoning for this but the practicalities are much more difficult. It needs much closer study and thought to come to an acceptance of this idea, but I hope that in the future I shall be able both to accept and put forward a reasonable explanation. I hope that buying the book on which this course is based will help towards greater understanding. At this stage , I would not like to try to explain this idea to someone else unless they had at least some knowledge of the subject of this lesson and an open mind to consider the impact of it.

My own view of death is of a door opening to reveal the light of Christ and the eternal presence of God into whose Kingdom we will all come eventually. This is how I would treat this matter if I  was involved  closely with a bereavement. I would  try to show that death is not the final end it looks like but a restarting of a life so infinitely better than the present one, however good that may seem to people now.

I realise that life lives in the mind as pointed out in the lesson and that life is love which cannot be destroyed and carries on as the spirit in the renewed life we shall lead in the future. We need to show love at all times as this brings out forgiveness allowing us to go forward in God's blessing having passed that forgiveness to everyone. I particularly like the homily and would use at least some of it should I be called upon to officiate at some future occasion. The prayer following in the lesson is more comforting than many of the prayers one finds in more traditional services and would be more acceptable, particularly if used at  a funeral service where those present and the families had no firm religious ties.

One must truly believe in the everlasting spirit in everyone, which is going to continue when this life is over, and pray for the Holy Spirit's guidance in our conversations on this subject to help us to put forward the Truth.


**********************
Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button. 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers and lots of free online sermons for your use. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.  We enable people to use distance learning to improve their lives.

 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: