Metaphysics Course

This blog has essays from the Metaphysics Courses offered through the Universal Life Church. We have a variety of courses that are available in the area of metaphysics.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Spiritual Awareness

Celestine Prophecy at ULC Seminary
Final Essay for Spiritual Awareness Course

By: Rev. Cynthia Ewing

When I started this course, I was not expecting a lot from it. I was already in the middle of taking the Spirit-Quest Class and thought that the Awareness class would be a lot like the other class. As I finished the class I found myself taking away more pearls of knowledge.

The first pearl I took from this class was that mankind is definitely awakening from its slumber. I know I have seen this before, but did not take as large a notice to it in the past. I see my family for one start to awaken. My sister, who I would not expect to be using metaphysical tools, has been using them on her children to help them in their waking and sleeping hours. I think she is just starting to understand what tools she is truly using.

The next pearl is not new to me either. Our thoughts are very powerful. Because we are in this murky third dimension we do not believe that our thoughts play a large role in shaping our lives. We believe that if we do what is right and expected of us that everything will go well. Our thoughts bring in the opportunities or the difficulties we ask for. If we think in a negative manner and speak in one, we bring negative events into our lives. It is therefore important for everyone to think in a positive manner. The whole key is spinning the negative into the positive. One must pay attention to ones thoughts.

Keeping our energy our own is another important pearl. I have had many experiences in my life where I have given away my own energy in a relationship without realizing what I was doing. Rev. King describes it so well when she talks about starting a new relationship. You feel like you are flying high. Then one day you realize that either you or the other person is trying to control the other. The person is put down or made to feel inferior. They are feeding off of the other's energy. This can also happen in other types of relationships. In a parent-child relationship, my Mother was constantly trying to take my energy. She felt inadequate and was willing to take it out on me. In this course I was able to see our relationship a little differently. There are more than a couple views in a relationship.

Rev. King also spoke of tapping into the universal energy and using it to help our environment. I drove around at lunch time one day after reading the lesson and marveled at the beauty that was all around. I also noticed shadows and nuances that brought to my attention hidden things. We can use the universal energy to help our planet and therefore help ourselves if we just open ourselves up to a power larger than ourselves. If we close ourselves off to this source it just stands to separate us even more from the Light and in the process making us feel very alone.

I feel privileged to have been able to take this course. I found the insights to be very helpful to my mission. They have helped me to understand my relationship with my mother on a different level. They have also given me some pearls of wisdom that I can pass on to others who seek my counsel and advice. I have read the Celestine Prophecy many years ago and did not get this much information out of the book itself. I guess I was not ready at that time. Thank you for the experience.


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: