Metaphysics Course

This blog has essays from the Metaphysics Courses offered through the Universal Life Church. We have a variety of courses that are available in the area of metaphysics.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Metaphysics

Master of Metaphysics by Rev. Caroline Nixon
ULC Seminary Master of Metaphysics Program

Studying this course has been an interesting experience for me. I have learned and re-learned many things during the course of my studies. Funny how what you focus on presents itself out in the world. It seems that each week, I was reminded of my lessons.

I had one interesting experience that I would like to share to illustrate my point. I remember reading a paragraph that spoke of not being invited out to a gathering. You went on to ask how I would respond if it was me. I remember thinking that it would be no big deal, and why would anyone get upset about something so silly. Well you can guess what happened. A week or so later, I found out that my son and myself were not invited to his little friends birthday party. I laughed to myself because I was pissed off. I kept thinking, “Why weren’t we invited?” I let that brew for a while, and then I realized a few things. I realized that judging that passage I had read earlier, may have brought that experience to me to learn not to judge. I also realized that I didn’t really want to go to that party anyway.

I began evaluating my so-called friendships, and have since made a few changes that make me feel better. My point is that judging a situation is pretty foolish because sooner or later you may have to eat your words and go through the experience you judged.

I have especially enjoyed learning some techniques to help me be a more compassionate person. I love using the grounding cord for myself. I also use it for my home. Each night I imagine a huge grounding cord for my house, and I envision all the guck that has collected in our home to be washed down the cord. I then fill our house with a huge golden sun, and surround it with a beautiful white light (and angels). Another technique I have enjoyed using is the creation (and destruction) of roses. I use them all the time. I love the “Hello” rose. I have really noticed a difference when I forget to use that rose.

I could go on and on about the benefits of studying this course. The only thing I need to remember is to actually use these wonderful tools daily. I find that in the busy-ness of my day, I can forget to use the very techniques that would most certainly help me the most. But like you have said, “Be aware when you are operating out of love, and laugh at yourself when you are not”. I laugh a lot!

Thanks for this opportunity for growth.

By Rev. Caroline Nixon

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: