Metaphysics Course

This blog has essays from the Metaphysics Courses offered through the Universal Life Church. We have a variety of courses that are available in the area of metaphysics.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spirit Quest

Spirit Quest Essay by Susan Mikesic


When I initially enrolled in the Spirit-Quest course, I thought I wanted to divorce my husband. Since then, we received some couples counseling, I received some individual counseling, and I completed the Spirit Quest course. And we decided to stay together. I think the Spirit Quest course was a piece of the patchwork quilt that helped me resolve my difficulties in my marriage.

My Spiritual Goal, which I set in the first lesson, was to be in a sacred, loving, sexually satisfying relationship. Also, I wanted to find happiness in life. I was suffering at the time from what was probably a clinical depression. At one point, I took a test that is used for screening patients for symptoms of depression. Out of nine possible symptoms, I had all nine! Including a wish to die! Things were not looking good for me. Since then, I have recovered my composure, and I do not have ANY of these symptoms in a severe way. Thank goodness, and thanks to our counselors, and thanks to the skills I learned.

Some of my favorite skills that I learned from the Spirit Quest course:

· I now have these friendly Velcro Roses, that I use to clean my aura or clear any negativity that I have been subjected to.

· I use the Grounding Cord imagery to calm and center myself.

· I remind myself to be amused, and when I can’t be amused, I allow myself to be amused by my own lack of amusement..

· I have become more aware of how Spirit is communicating with me, through:

o Pictures

o Words

o Dreams

· I have learned to ask the right questions when communicating with Spirit

· I have identified myself as a Future thinker and have chosen to live more in the Present moment.



And, finally, I have renewed my understanding that happiness is my own choice. I am apparently more open to happiness these days, since I am experiencing more of it than I had been previously.



Susan Mikesic
*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: