Metaphysics Course

This blog has essays from the Metaphysics Courses offered through the Universal Life Church. We have a variety of courses that are available in the area of metaphysics.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spirit Quest

What I learned at Spirit Quest camp……

There have been so many things I have learned over the last 30 weeks that it is hard to know where to start. The first things that impressed me about the lessons that there were words to express what I was doing. There was a way to communicate this to those I know that wanted to understand what I believed and what I was doing but I could not come up with words, pictures, ideas that were common between us. The differences in Soul Ages could explain why it is so hard for me to explain things to some people. It is hard to help a child understand what you know as an adult. The child does not have the vocabulary or life(or many life) experience(s) to see things the same way. It is very hard to get a child to understand being one with the universe when they are still trying to understand that they are a separate individual. Thinking of things this way has made me take more patience and understanding when explaining things.

The second lesson that made an impact was the lesson on letting the anger go – Forgiveness. I can not change what others have done to me. I can not make someone apologize for hurts and wrongs I perceive. I can keep from letting them put their hooks in me. For the most part it is under my control what I energy I let in. There are ways to clear the energy for me and it is up to me to do this on a routine basis. The best way to stay healthy is to take care of your self. A personal example of this is before there is a cousin I have who before the course I could not even hear her name without becoming extremely upset. By releasing the energy I was using toward her and releasing the hooks I had allowed to be placed, I have come to a place of peace when I think of her. I was even able to have a pleasant visit with her the last time I visited my grandmother. There are still a lot of things about her that annoy me but without the angry energy there I can see that most of what annoys me is just the mistakes a young soul makes as they are trying to grow up. Not everyone is a grown up. Some people take longer than others. All we can do is offer to help and teach the rest is up to them.

The third thing was the thought of using the grounding cord on places and things. I knew I could drain energy from people and things but until the lessons I had never thought of using a grounding cord on meeting rooms or building or even the land. I work with a group of people that have a lot of alpha personalities. Since I started connecting the ground cords to the meeting rooms before the meetings we have been able to have much more productive meeting and get the issues resolved without it becoming a pissing contest.

A last thing to add is that others have noticed a difference in me. My mother has noticed that I am calmer and seem to be more in control. She said that I am more confident. My boss and coworkers have noticed a difference too but they think I am loosing weight and look better. No weight loss but I guess confidence does make one look healthier. It helps to know that there are others out there that think that every religion has a valid point and that we don’t have to agree on everything to support one another.

Terri Greer

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: