Metaphysics Course

This blog has essays from the Metaphysics Courses offered through the Universal Life Church. We have a variety of courses that are available in the area of metaphysics.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spirit Quest

Spirit Quest Essay by Birgit Altenhofen
Master of Metaphysics Degree Essay to the Spirit Quest

I enjoyed every lesson and learned a lot of new things. The Spirit quest is mostly for beginners but also advanced seekers can learn from it. The exercises were simple and easy to learn. I was surprised at my ability to able to experience all these things.

What I liked most was the explanation of setting spiritual goals and the spiritual path. It is important to know that we all can take charge of our life instead of our life taking charge of us. Most of us don’t know that life is a precious gift. We can choose our own reality and choose between love or fear. We can experience the truth of our reality as love. To do this, we must, each moment, refuse to be limited by the fearful thoughts of the past or the worries about the future. We limit our minds when we see value in making a fearful past as real. As a result, our minds can only look fearfully at all that is to come, and cannot enjoy the present in peace and love.

We are what we believe. In Spirit Quest I learned to get to know my inner Self and feel connected to the inner wisdom. This experience is a sense of total freedom. I realized that when I am totally present there is only love. It is a wonderful feeling.

I started watching my thoughts, words and actions a while ago. Every day I wake up in the morning, and I consciously create my day I want it to happen. Little surprising things happen through out the day. I am getting better and I am more focused on the reality in me than the outside world. My inner peace becomes stronger too.

It feels good to know that we all the same and there is really nothing to fear. What I see in the outside world is a reflection of what I have first seen within my own mind. I always projected onto the world the thoughts, feelings and attitudes. Now, I can see the world differently by changing my mind about what I want to see. Only my loving thoughts are real. By forgiving and letting go of the past, I freed myself of the painful burdens I have carried into the present moment. I am responsible for what I see. I choose the feelings I experience, and I decide upon the goal I would achieve. Miracles can happen when we believe in it. We attract whatever we choose to give our attention to - whether wanted or unwanted. We are powerful attractors and we can use this wonderful, god given power to attract more of what we desire in life, simply by paying attention to where we place our thoughts and desires.

In Spirit Quest we learned to meditate and visualize. I don’t have problems with visualizations but I know people who have. Maybe instead of visualizing a mental picture we could pay attention to our body. Paying attention to the body means being present and connected to the inner wisdom. I learned when I feel the energy of my inner body, immediately my mental noise slows down or ceases. I feel the life that I am and the energy running through my body.

In lesson number 26 I learned about the Michael teachings. That was the first time I heard about it. Thank you for mentioning it. I looked at the website to get more information. Knowing about the different soul ages explains why we still have primitive living in the world.

Thank you, Amy, for putting these wonderful lessons together.

Rev. Birgit Altenhofen


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: